1. Information collected by us
We and our third-party providers and business partners who enable us to operate our app, may collect and process the following personal information about you which you provide:
- contact details (such as name, email address, address, phone number);
- demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- identification documentation;
- password and other authentication information;
- responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research (unless these are provided anonymously);
- financial and credit card information; and
- your marketing preferences.
We will also collect and store your purchase history as well as your communications/interactions regarding sales. If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call our customer service number as well as the correspondence and the period of time it took for us to deal with a query or any request you had. We may also record your levels of satisfaction with the services we have provided.
When you visit our website and app, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device. Cookies generally only work with web browsers, but there are similar technologies that are used with apps.
This type of information may include the following:
- information about your device (including a unique device identifier or device ID), operating system and IP address (including geolocation);
- your login information;
- browser type and version;
- information about your visit on our website or app, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information; and
- information about your use of our app, for example to distinguish you from other users of our app, and to remember your preferences to helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our app and also allows us to improve the app.
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies: These allow our site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They allow your preferences or actions across the site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our site, e.g. which pages you go to most often (for example through our use of Google Analytics).
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies or otherwise withdraw your consent in relation to cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the site.
2. How and when we collect personal information about you
We collect and process personal information when you:
- visit our website (including when registering on our site, leaving any reviews or comments, or filling in forms on our site);
- purchase any products from our website or subscribe to any of our services;
- contact FruPro customer services or request information from us in any other way (including product demos and calls);
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research, feedback and survey responses; and
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as from your use of other websites which we operate and from related third parties such as sub-contractors.
3. Usage of your provided information
We use the information that we collect and receive for various purposes and in various shapes and forms, including to:
- to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested and send you marketing and advertising materials;
- to authenticate your access to our website and app;
- for system administration purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to distinguish you from other users (for example to remember your log-in details);
- to monitor your use of our website and app to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- to tailor any marketing or advertising so that it is more relevant to you;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our website and app are safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Legal basis for processing personal information
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a product using the Platform and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
5. Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK.
6. How we keep your personal information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Our website and app are not intended for, and should not be used by, persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under the age of 18.
8. Security and passwords
You must keep your password and any other authentication information for our website and app confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details above.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted during your use of our website and app.
9. Disclosing your information
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, business partners and service providers (including charity partners), where they are helping us to market and advertise our services as well as providing our services to you. We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
10. Third Party Privacy Policies
Our website and app may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services such as our business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy policies before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
11. Your rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details above.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details above) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
LAST UPDATED [21st] March 2022