Senior DevOps Engineer
About the job
Who we are
Frupro, the digital marketplace for the fresh produce industry. Our mission is connecting the entire fresh produce supply chain – from Growers & Importers to Wholesalers & Retailers.
Frupro allows one to build their network online, meet new customers in order to expand their business, have further trade reach and get produce into the food chain. Using data to understand market trends, create transparent pricing and utilise technology to improve efficiency, reduce waste and increase redistribution. Trade with the supply chain from end to end, in a compliant marketplace reducing risk and bad debt. Our vision is to enhance every relationship with fresh produce and leave a positive impact on the economy, environment and society.
Empowerment – We empower everyone to connect with others, thrive and shape the future of the industry.
We encourage all employees to be bold, challenge others, encourage diversity and act with integrity.
Innovation – We believe in the power of technology to enable long term progress. In everything we do, we challenge our ideas in what is possible in order to to meet the needs of the industry.
Impact – We create transparency throughout the fresh produce supply chain, improving production efficiency, quality and provide fresh produce for those who need it most.
We create long lasting and positive impact through sustainable agricultural practices.
About The Role
You’ll be the Senior DevOps engineers at Frupro and from day one will get a lot of opportunity and ownership. You will be a key member of our Tech and Engineering team providing ‘best in class’ Engineering, creating, leading and implementing significant technical cloud solutions for the Frupro platform.
You’ll help improve and scale the Frupro platform from where it is now to be a best-in-class service for millions of users. Work with technologies and Google cloud services to automate platforms and software deployments in a fast-paced, scalable, secure, and consistent manner. Manage and run production and non-production cloud platforms with no downtime to customers or staff. Evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. You will have a challenger mindset – to implement new ideas, tools and to improve processes and will be able to communicate them in a simple, clear and concise manner. Drive infrastructure and tooling improvements that enable the business to confidently operate at pace and establish a DevOps practice that supports and enables engineers and the business.
What You Will Do
- Develop tooling for engineers to quickly build and deploy new services
- Support setup and maintenance of CI/CD for new and existing services
- Management and upkeep of observability stack
- Management and upkeep of cloud infrastructure on GCP
- Design and write clean documentation
- Improving our overall system engineering design and architecture, to ensure the availability and reliability of our systems
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Essential experience you will have
- Professional experience as a DevOps engineer (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with a programming language such as (in order of desirability) ES6, Java and Python
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and deployment techniques including Infrastructure as Code and experience with any CI toolchain
- Experience with GCP, AWS or any other cloud provider (we use GCP)
- Containerisation, docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in a Remote Agile environment
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Frupro you will wear many hats, you’re not only highly technical across a wider range of technologies, practices and possibly disciplines; but you’re also a driver of influence internally and within customers, you possess the ability to lead effectively and you’re able to come up with innovative (but justifiable) ways of evolving the technical environments.
You’ll be pivotal in knowledge sharing internally within the business, assisting others in their assigned projects and where necessary ensuring more junior members of Frupro have exposure to your abilities.
When you are not delivering outstanding value to our clients, you will have the chance to provide thought leadership to the technical communities by speaking at meet-ups, writing blogs, which will enable you to stand out as a leader in the space.
Frupro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.